NORTH CENTRAL IDAHO
The Idaho State Police “2022 Crime in Idaho” report highlights that total Group “A” offenses were up 3% from 2021, but the crime rate decreased 4% to 4,093 per 100,000 inhabitants. In the north central region, Group “A” offenses increased 29% to 4,753 led by larceny/theft (+10% to 1,095), drug/narcotic violations (+73% to 734) and drug equipment violations (+92% to 736). Crime rates increased for Idaho, Lewis and Nez Perce counties while declining for Clearwater and Latah counties. Statewide, 488 officers (+16% over 2021) were assaulted, including 35 in north central Idaho (+84% compared with 19 in 2021).
Group “A” Offenses in Idaho
• Crimes Against Property (e.g., robbery, burglary, larceny, theft, arson, etc.)
• Crimes Against Society (drug/narcotic offenses, prostitution offenses, weapons law violations, etc.)
• Crimes Against Persons (murder, rape, aggravated assault, simple assault, etc.)
Source: Idaho State Police Crime in Idaho annual reports
• Walla Walla Community College has expanded its Warrior Pledge program to include residents of all five north central counties (Clearwater, Idaho, Latah, Lewis and Nez Perce). The program complements other financial aid programs as a last resort for students who would otherwise be unable to attend college. With its pilot program launched in fall 2022 and funded through private donations, the Warrior Pledge program provides a possibility that a student could earn a two-year certificate or degree, with all tuition and fees covered and does not need to be repaid. Source: Walla Walla Community College
• The Idaho Community Foundation awarded 22 educational projects totaling $294,000 throughout Idaho from the Idaho Future Fund, including three projects in north central Idaho amounting to $32,700:
• $5,500: Kendrick School District for sheet metal fabrication equipment.
• $20,000: Moscow School District for new high school library books.
• $7,200: to the Reach Club toward an Elk City preschool teacher salary.
Source: Idaho Community Foundation
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,racist or sexually-oriented language.PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.Don't Threaten. Threats of harming anotherperson will not be tolerated.Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyoneor anything.Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ismthat is degrading to another person.Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link oneach comment to let us know of abusive posts.Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitnessaccounts, the history behind an article.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular commented articles.
Sign up now to receive each week's Clearwater Tribune top story headlines right to your inbox!Group “A” Offenses in IdahoWarrior PledgeKeep it Clean.PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.Don't Threaten.Be Truthful.Be Nice.Be Proactive.Share with Us.